Pet Peeves of Customers

Ever since I could legally work, I worked. Mostly it was customer service jobs because 1) easier to get a job, 2) keep an update on current events, 3) networking and expanding your resources, 4) learn to deal with varieties of people, and lastly 5) love interacting with people. But even with these outstanding pros of working in customer service jobs, there are many annoying that comes with it. I worked as/ at clerk, fast food,  waiter, salesperson, grave yard shift, factory worker, and manager; so I know about the customer service industry pretty well and I been in this industry for an about a decade now(26 yrs old), so I believe I do have the right to speak on the topic. Here are my list of pet peeves of customers:

1) No greeting: With my experience, I learn to speak the certain way at work to find the common ground. When customer enters, I normally greet them; but there are customers who comes in and are in such rush that they can not even greet me back. It's not that I care if they greet me or not; it's just plain rude. I'll say "Welcome in Sir/ Ma'am" and their reply will be "Give me a pack of *Blank*". Like, did you just ignored what I said? Do not like that, I'm a human being just like you are.

2) Cell Phones: I don't really care too much if you are on the phone, but don't come up to the counter and whisper to me what you want. ANYONE could easily say "Can you just hold one sec" to the other party on the phone and tell me what they want, but these people whispers. That makes clerk or worker to whisper and that is just not cool. If you are that busy, finish your call before you step up. If phone call is not that important, tell them to wait a sec. Is that really that hard, or are you that important of a person?

3) Complainers: Ok, this may sound like a no brainier, but I'm not talking about a customer complain about specific service; these people are regular customer who comes in everyday and complain about the same shit every day. If you don't like it that much that you have to complain about it, get out and go find other store.

4)Throwing money: This normally happens with people who really don't even have lot of money. I'm not talking about change either; these people will throw the money at you like some rich dude throwing money at a homeless even tho he really doesn't want to. Fucking hate this. Once, I had this customer who did that every time he came in, so one day, I threw his change back at him. After that, he stop throwing money at me.

5) Tips: Ok, I hate to sound racist but Im going to have to pick on specific nationalities on this one. Im not saying all of these groups of people does this, but seems like, more my prior experience, they do; Indians and Koreans. Tip is customary in America and 10% is kinda cutting short. It is really depends on the service you receive but most of times, it should be more than 10%. Just not that. 20% is a good amount.

6) "But your co-worker...": Not every worker in customer service function the same way. You might have guide lines and rules but some workers will hook some of their friends up with discounts or etc..but don't expect the same treatment from all the other employees or you might end up never get that discount again and get your friend fired. But there are customer who comes in and say "Well, he/she gives me this for this price".....Bitch, I'm not him or her. If you want that discount, come in when THEY are working.

7) Bargain: Most of stuffs in the store or items are priced already. What makes you think that I can bargain with you? Customer comes in and try to buy a pack of cigarettes. In WA, pack of cigarette roughly runs about $7 to $8(I know, we are fucking expensive up here), but they come in and says "Well, I only got $5, what are you gonna do?" I will tell you what I will do, I want you to get outta my store and get 3 more dollars and come back. Don't bargain.

8) Always calling, ALWAYS!!: This mostly applies for food service, specifically waiter, job. There are groups of customer who comes in and, they call you one-by-one to get something. Bitch, figure out what you want or what you need, THEN you get the waiter to help you. You aren't the only customer in the store.

9) Wonder-er: This doesn't really apply to big stores like in the mall or market, but small business. Customer will come in and look for something, going through aisle to aisle and when you ask "Oh, im just browsing" and they leave without buying. Listen, it's not that we think you are a bad person...we do not know if you are a bad person or not. We look at you as if you want some free shit and if you steal something and manager do the inventory and something doesn't add up, GUESS WHAT??? We are the one who gets blame for it.

10) Customer is king: I love interacting with customers, or people in general. But there is those ASSHOLE who stick by the rule of "Customer is King"....Ok, I understand that the employee should provide certain level of professionalism and service, but we are not your slaves. When you are eating, guess what? we are working. When you are drinking and having a ball, guess what? we are working. When you wake up early and complain how early it is, guess what? We are working. We get paid to try to pretend we care about your daily life, but honestly, we don't give a shit about how horrible your day was. We aren't your therapist and we aren't your slave. We just want you to get whatever you need to get and get the fuck out so we can help the others and do our chores. Get it?

People who works are human too. It's our job but you should treat them like how you want to be treated. It's not their fault when they are calling to collect money, you owed them and their boss told them to call you. It's not their fault price is so high, they are just working. It's not their fault the food came out wrong.....ok, that actually might have been their fault, but treat them with dignity. They will treat you good if you treat them fair.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Special: My Memory of You(R.I.P Melissa Fagin)

My cellphone history

Top 5 Favorite Rappers of PJ