Top 5 Favorite Rappers of PJ

I listen to everything from Rap, Rock, Jazz, Classicial, Blues, Punk, Pop, R&B, Dub Step, EDM and even Folk (No country or Heavy Metal, sorry). But, at the end of the day, my favorite have to be Hip Hop/ Rap. Why? because even though, so many so called music aficionados believe rap isn't really music, rap convey message using slang and code and it really fascinate me of how much creative a person can get. But do not get me wrong; this doesn't mean I like all rappers. If anything, I am more harsh on rappers than a R&B singers. For me, rap got to me creative and unique. Rap got to convey a message that everyone goes through and let the fans relate to the lyrics. Rap shouldn't always be about Money, Cars, Blings and Hoes; I love intelligent rap that actually have a message and meaning. So here is my top 5 rappers.

1) Jay - Z: If you know me, this shouldn't come off as a shock; this guy is my idol. Yes, he does talk about money, cars, blings and hoes; but who does it like he does, really? But if you actually listens to his lyrics and break it down, it's so much more than that. If you listen to his album "Reasonable Doubt" and songs like "Can I live" or "Regrets", they man talk about real things. Or even songs like "Young Forever" or "Holy Grail", it has so much of deep meaning to them, it's not just about those things I mentioned earlier. Plus, his style is nice, son. So, Im putting my man, Jigga as Numero Uno.

2) Tupac: Rapper that came before his time, and died way too young. Tupac Amaru Shakur isn't just a rapper but an icon and almost a symbol. He is gangster, poet, actor, activist, Civil rights movement leader, artist, musician, public speaker, outlaw, and a leader all in one. He's raps are about problems in society and he is trying to show the world what kind of situation him and his peers are living in. Surely one of the greatest in hip hop history.

3) Rakim: Before Kendrick, before 2Chainz, before Nas, before Jay Z, before Tupac, before Biggie, before Snoop, before NWA; when hip hop was really shaping up, Rakim set the tone for how the really emcee should be like. Along side his DJ Eric B, Rakim drawn out the blueprints for really rappers and how they should do it. He was one of the first to rock a Gucci suit and Fendi shirts even before people knew what they were. He was the image from the movie "Paid in Full" was like. Debut his album in 1986 with his single "Eric B. is President", he created so much buzz that, Godfather of Hip Hop, Russell Simmons signed him to Island Records (which now known more as Def Jam Records) and dropped an album including hits like "Move the Crowd" and "Paid in Full". What is crazy is that, even if you hear his old records right now, it doesn't sound like old school songs. Born in 1968 and he still rocks the mic and keep it true to Hip Hop

Now..next two artist always changes for me as the time changes. I use to put DMX, Fabolous, and Cam'ron up there and I am not saying they are not hot, its just that I am feeling these two new rappers more, now days.

4) Macklemore: How can I hate on a Seattle rapper when I am from seattle? Do you know when was the last time we actually had a popular rapper out from Seattle? Do you know who he was? Sir Mix A Lot, that's right. So, when a rapper talks about where I been and seen, you develop love for that rapper like "Yo, I know what he's talking about". Many New York and Los Angeles rappers can relate to that , but it's really rare for Seattle. We were only famous for Grunge music...Nirvana is cool and Also, Jimi Hendrix. But this man talk about social issues; first rapper to really come out and supporting gay rights, writings songs about shopping at goodwill, making songs about record executives, and talk shit about biggest athletic apparel company and get endorsed by them. You might not like him for his stand, his skin color, but you gotta respect the man.

5) Kendrick Lamar: New king of hip hop is here. How busy was this guy being featured on so many people's track or having legends to work with him on his first major album G.O.O.D Kid, Mad City. He brings that G - Funk, old school west coast beat with almost bone thugs n harmony style rap. I don't want to say he got fast tongue rap, but he does go off when he have to. What I like about Kendrick is the fact that he put tunes to his rapping. He isn't just going with the beat, it's almost like he is singing into it, but he is not, if that makes sense. No doubt that many new rappers can go against him at this moment, especially if he is under Dr. Dre's wing. I mean, maybe except Macklemore on this list, it would be a pretty fair battles if they went at each other.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Special: My Memory of You(R.I.P Melissa Fagin)

My cellphone history