Special: My Memory of You(R.I.P Melissa Fagin)

It was 8th grade that I moved to Redmond from Lynnwood. I didn't no anyone but people were nice to greet a foreign kid who still had an accent and weird style. I started to hang around Anthony and one day, I met you with Chris in a weird situation. But you were still funny, you were still gorgeous and you were great person to hang around. Ever since that we all became the 107 st./ block crew. Me with Omar, Phil, Ron, Anthony, and Chris, you with Ashley, Michaela, Moss, Stacy, Rachel; we were friends that were closer than just friends. We formed a family that we promised to be there when others needed help, motivation and support.

I remember in 9th grade, I went to your house with Curtis and I think Ron and I remember the look you gave me and later on Curtis told me you liked how I looked . That maybe be take 254 at 9 PM to go back up the education hill to ask you out to be my girl. We dated 1 week but I still remember how me, you, Ron and Ash all walking around Redmond near Junior high and I remember kissing you and helping you with dishes too.

We got older and we started to go to High school. Nothing changed, you were still one of my closest friends and still a family. We always went to Meza's and hung out, got drunk, and enjoying life. I remember one night we all went out and we were on adventure. It was me, Omar, Ron, you, Moss, Anthony, and Ash; we had a time of our life and came back to the block to enjoy some more. You were a life of party. You had that beautiful smile every where you went and you were the perkiest person to be around.

My most recent memory is that when we all hung out at Ash's. It was great seeing both you and Michaela and how we all have grown so much but we were still kids when we were all together. We talked about life and where we are so far and how we have taken so many responsibilities. But still do reminisce about our past and how it was so much fun to just be with friends and being the stupid.

Now here is my letter to you...

Dear Melissa

My Melissa. You were a great friend, person and most of all you were my friend. You always were perky and you always knew how to enjoy life. Me and the boys use to say "We didn't want to go to that party but Melissa was there so it was fun". You might not know but you really are a big part of my life. You, Ash, Rach, Omar, Anthony, Ron, Phil, Chris; you were the part of people that could really shift my life and decision. You were suppose to be at my wedding, meet my future wife, meet my first born, meet my second born, occasionally baby sit them, share drinks and reminisce about our life together. I even had a crush on you but I never wanted to jeopardize our friendship, so I never wanted to take initiative.......Why didn't you call me? Why didn't you share your pain with me? Why did you leave without me?  Do you understand how much people love you and you have so many people who cares for you around you? It pains me to feel like this when you were so close to us. If something was bothering you, you could just called me and say "Paul, I need to vent so shut up and just listen, please" and I would happily listen to your mind. But it's too late now. I love you. Thank you for being a great person and being my friend. You will be in my heart forever next to A.L. I love you and I know you are in a better place now. So watch over all of us and you should see how many people are mourning for you right now. I love you. You will always be my favorite Jew. Ill see u when I get there.

Sincerely

Paul J. Park


Comments

  1. Bro that was.....thank you for writing this I cant believe it sometimes but I'm so glad to have all you guys in my life. I miss her so much and it sucks that we have to wait so long to see her. I know she's smiling down at us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul & Chris, I am Melissa's mom and I want to thank you for your beautiful tribute to Melissa. A friend of ours must have googled Melissa's name and found your blog post. It means so much to me that she has so many loving her and missing her. Your post brought back so many memories and gave me much comfort.

    As you can imagine, Melissa's time in junior high and high school was a bit of a challenge for us. But through it all I always knew that she had a loving family of friends - even though I'm sure you understand that that period was a little difficult for us as her parents. It was wonderful and enlightening for me to read your memories and be able to see more clearly into that time in her life. Melissa's smile brought so much light into the world. we are all heartbroken.

    I hope to see you both on Sunday.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs. Fagin.

    I am really sorry for your lost. You raised a great person and great friend. She was truly an angel on this earth who brought smiles, joy, and happiness to people who known her. And I can honestly say that I am bless to know a person great as you daughter.

    If it makes you feel any better, even though sometimes she could have been a handful, she always had friends like me, Ashley, Chris who protected her from people who could possibly harm her. Time she spend hanging with us, she was in a good hands and that is something I can definitely sure you. But this wouldn't have been possible if she didn't do the same for us. She protected us and made us feel jubilant about the life itself. I want you to know, you have gave us a great gift who will forever live in our heart.

    God bless you and the family. This comment means so much for me. Once again, Im really sorry about the lost, Mrs. Fagin.

    We surely will see you on Sunday.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would not say I was great friends with Melissa, but we shared many of the same mutual friends, like Mr. Paul Park, everyone from " the block", the mezas and company, and more... This is a relatively small town, where everybody knows everybody thru somebody. there are no 6 degrees of seperation around here. It's more like 2 or 3. I remember the exact day and year I was first introduced to Melissa. I had graduated from a High School in central Oregon, and had returned September. It was October 3rd, 2003, a friday. I met up with many of my old close friends and familiar faces from Jr. High/ high school, at the Redmond pool after school was out. I was organizing a birthday party for that evening to preface my real birthday on the 4th.i was in the pool parking lot, watching my friends cross the street. One of my friends was waliking with this absolutely darling, cute faced girl, on the side of his arm, who I previously had never seen before. "WOW." and "Who is this girl!?" That's what I remember thinking in my head as they approached. Without question, she was and is one of the prettiest girls I've ever met. That's not an exaggeration, and i believe most people would unargueably share that same sediment.First impressions last a lifetime, and faces ARE the first impression. As the years go by and the older you get, memories become more distorted and bit cloudier. Often times, when referencing older memories, you can forget where you were, what the day was,exactly who was there,and even the year it occured. With Melissa, I remember ALL of the who, what, whens, wheres and whys. My friend that was close with Melissa at that point in both of their lives, DJ'd my birthday party that evening, October 3rd 2003. I got to know Melissa somewhat, that night. She was a joy to be around. As good looking as she was, she had just as much, perhaps even more, positive qualities in her personality. Melissa was a very bubbly,glowing, kind, sweet and charming indiviual, with a contagious enthusiasim.Through out the years I would run into Melissa at social events and mutual friends houses. We hung out a few other times as well. One saturday morning she came thru my gym to take look into the boxing/kickboxing program. We talked for a little while, about fitness, exercising,and classes the gym had to offer.That was the last time I saw Melissa... In sports, there are many special, polarizing figures and players who transcend their game.There are many competitors who can match the physical talet of those polarizing figures, but they do not transcend the game. These special players have what they call the "It" factor. they have all the intangibles. These are God given qualities, that attract and magnetize people towards them. These qualities are immeasurable.Melissa had these qualities. Melissa had that "It". Like I said, i was not close friends with Melissa.There a probably hundreds of more people who knew her WAY better than me. But you do not have to be close with to someone to recognize "It". Im sure her true close friends, many of whom I know, would agree with that statement. It is a very suffocating feeling, when unfortunate events like this one occur. It's like the world momentarily comes to a abrubt hault when sudden news of someone adorned by so many,unexpectedly and prematurely passes away.To everyone out there, dont take your friends anf family for granted.Embrace your time with them. appreciate it for what it is. To her parents, from a new parent... I can only imagine what it feels like losing a child. I do know it's a pain no parent should have to experience. Be proud of your daughter.In life, ones riches and success's aren't measured in dollars and milestones. They are measured in family and friends. without those you have nothing. As far as I can see, Melissa had more than an abundance of friends. And It's more apparent now than ever.My sincere, deepest condolensces.Again, God Bless.-Drew S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To all the readers.

    Thank you for reading.....I know I wrote it for public to view it...However, honestly, I wrote to ease my pain of loosing a great friend of mine. I'm not some kind writer, nor a poet but these are the words that I would love to tell her and share with her. She have touched so many people's heart and I can't be selfish and say she was my friend when I could easily say, she was Our friend. After the service, I feel numb again. Even though I already heard the news, already trying to dealt with it, I would never be able to fully deal with it like When I lost my friend A.L. But I do like to thank everyone for showing me love and show that you care for Melissa. Within Melissa, we are all friends and that what she would wanted. So by saying that; I love you all and God bless you all. Thank You

    Paul J. Park

    ReplyDelete
  6. No one posting here knows me but I encountered Melissa for a few days this past November in a treatment program. She was a beautiful girl and I could tell she had a beautiful spirit. I never forgot her and I prayed for her after I left treatment. I'm truly sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, your daughter or whoever she was to you. RIP.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My cellphone history

Google Chromecast