Another pair of shoes

I can not deny that I love certain shoes. Jordan, and Nike and certain Adidas just look so awesome and unique. And, as a person who is creative, I love all forms of art and shoes and shirts are like walking art materials, so I love it. But I never been the type who hide away shoes or worry about them. I don't remember where I heard it but, when I was young, I heard "stain on your shoes are mark of your hard work" and I take that literally. So, when I heard the song by Macklemore's "Wing$", I loved it because I could relate to it. Even though I wasn't crazy sneaker head like some of my friends, I had love for them. Before Nelly came out with the song "Air Force 1", I had brand new mid top, white on white, forces and I loved it. White on white forces are still one of my favorite shoes, but I wasn't so crazy about keeping them clean like that because, once they have one scuff, it's done for. But, back of my mind, I always had that old saying lingering and it was my life style. My friend, Chris, use to say "Paul, you are fresh from Hat to shirt, jeans, but when it comes to your shoes, it's just fucked". I smiled and I say "Yeah, well it's proof of a hard working man" and I  really do stand by that. When Macklmore said it on the last verse of "Wing$" ( For a hundred dollars and some change,consumption is in the veins, and now I see it's just another pair of shoes), you get to see that even though you spend all these money on it, shoes are still shoes; nothing more, nothing less. It's like having a car; you can have a very expensive car and show it off or you can have a car that takes you from A to B; it's just love for materials which soon or later will all fade away. But it's not just shoes for me, now days; it's the whole style and the attitude I have toward material goods. You can spend $500 on a cellphone, which, most likely, be an old gadget within year or two. So it's not really about you buying what you need, it becomes what you want and you get sucked into this trend and impulse buying. Question is; do you need them or do you want them. Very similar but such different question they are. Toilet paper, water, heat, home; these are what you NEED. 3 pairs of SAME JORDANS(One to wear, one for back up, and one to stock), True Religion jeans, Gucci belt; these are things you WANT. But I don;t judge you if you want to spend your money on all these stuff; it's your money, you can burn it if all I care. But funny how rich people are more stingy about a single dollar than a broke person would be. When you need that dollar, of course you are going to care, but when you have few, you tent to be like "eh, it's just a buck".Then, you work hour wages and get $7/ hr, which means you get 12 cents every minute. So what is that dollar to you, now? When you release yourself from that material chain, things get to be simpler. If there is a person who needs more than I do, I try to help and donate much as I can. Because, at the end of the day, it's just another pair of shoes....


                                                              (On eBay for $10,000)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-AIR-JORDAN-XIII-13-PE-OG-ORIGINAL-GAME-WORN-MJ-PE-CONCORDS-SAMPLE-FTPS-IV-/281094191872?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item417284fb00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Special: My Memory of You(R.I.P Melissa Fagin)

My cellphone history

Top 5 Favorite Rappers of PJ