Statues quo

I guess it was the big break through when Mark Zuckerberg decided to add a relationship statues on Facebook to show everyone if user is in a relationship or not. But what is the statue quo all about? We, as a people, love to label ourselves from our profession, race, generation and, of course, our relationship; we are all labeled like we have stickers on our soul to define us. My case, I would be Asian Male who is Single and part of X/Y generation. I guess that defines where i'm from, what sex I am, what my martial statues is and what my generation is, but does it really describe who I am as a person?

We, as a people, normally try to follow the idea of Monogamy. Meaning we are suppose to be in love with 1 person and marry to 1 person and spend rest or our life with 1 person till we die. And how many times have that idea get us in trouble or even, work out? We are suppose to like someone and when we like that person we asked them out on a date, after a date we are deceived(or is that the right terminology for it?) that we have fallen in love and we propose(mostly men)to opposite sex for a hand in marriage. After that, we get married and becomes Husband and Wife and we have kids and kids become grown and repeat the cycle. I do not mind that and honestly I do believe that is what the life cycle should be. However, my issue is the label or statues quo. 

We often dwell on the statues more than how we feel. Do we love the partner we have chosen or are we stuck with the person and we are "suppose" to love the partner because they asked you to date them/ married them? 
Often, we are pulled together by the physical attractions and after dating for little bit, we fall to love someone's personality which holds ageless value more than looks. But time passes and we often drift away from each other for many reasons so we try to think back to the first time you find that opposite sex attractive. But I believe we dwell ourselves in this thing call "statues" and feels often like we are sacrificing ourselves rather than enjoying our lives to the fullest with the best person in we know. We are suppose to love them, we are suppose to care for them, we are suppose to worry about them; we are suppose to do what we feel that is right. 

I am not suggesting the idea of you to break up with your partner or divorcing them, but I am suggesting the idea for you to be truthful to yourself. Why shall you lie to your self and put your self in that miserable statues when you could be being yourself and love the situation you are in. If you believe that you are in love with love of your life, I'm happy for you. There is no better feeling than finding a soul mate in this big world, but I do not wish that you need to convince yourself that you are in love with someone. When you start asking yourself these question, guess what? It's already over. Be free. Birds find love and they fly every where. I believe love should be freely expressed and practiced. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Special: My Memory of You(R.I.P Melissa Fagin)

My cellphone history

Top 5 Favorite Rappers of PJ