Welcome to Disney/ Pop Generation

Everyone is part of some kind of generation. We are in "Y Generation" at this moment and there new kids being born every minute and every second to start new generation. I would be consider "X generation" because I was born in '86, but I would still be considered some what of Y generation, also. I grew up with Cassette tapes, CD players to MP3 players and now the smartphone. I grew up with cartridge gaming to CD to now, just downloading the games straight from the source. It is crazy to look back see how far we came in technology and society. When I was in elementary, Backstreet Boys, N'Sync was ruling the radio and Hip Hop was in it's golden age; then things started to fade away and Hip Hop pretty much ruled from that point till roughly around 2008, the trend started to change to more electric sound and then introducing of new genre,Dub-Step. But soon enough, dub-step started to fall behind also and music became more of skill by using actual instruments. Then I watched 2013 VMA and it dawned on me; we are in Disney Generation. 
We have new singers like Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus who are from Disney Channel and my biggest focal point why I am calling this generation Disney Generation; Justin Timberlake. Started from Mickey Mouse Club to N'Sync and now, having a great success in solo career; Justin could be consider the "New King" of pop. I know many will argue with me when I say that and I am feel the same that Michael Jackson is the "King of Pop', but honestly...........throne is empty at this moment (R.I.P Michael Jackson) and if anyone can take it, it would be Justin Timberlake. 
However, the main this I want to focus is that we are back in Pop generation. Look at artist like Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, and etc... Pop have came back and the world is happy with it. This blog is strictly talking in Music trend and it's affect. And if you look at the music, we are in Pop generation. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Special: My Memory of You(R.I.P Melissa Fagin)

My cellphone history

Top 5 Favorite Rappers of PJ