2013 Recap

Wow, what a year. Not really whole lot of personal developments but damn, what an eventful year. It's been a crazy one and I can say that I am glad it is over and I can't wait till the new year start with new goals and new adventures.
Last year around this time, I was working like I usually do. I actually think, I worked 6 to 7 days during last winter break because many of my co-workers left home where I ended up just staying because I visited Westside of WA few times since I moved to Pullman because personal reasons. During early 2013 winter season, I am not going to lie, I was depressed. I didn't really know anyone out here and I felt like people didn't care for me. I drank alot during that time; drinking before and after class and alone at home. I'm not talking about just few beers here and there, I was drinking at least few shots on daily basis. I hated myself. I was still hung up on my ex and I just had difficulty of moving on. I hooked up with few girls, got some TLC, but I hated that I was so drunk for those one-night stands. But, I'm not an idiot; I learned my lesson and cut down to only drinking if I'm out or during weekends. Things were going ok, school was back in order, I was doing daily exercises, and money situation wasn't too bad even when I was living by myself. Then February came.
On February 27th, I woke up to someone ringing and knocking on my door. Thinking it was UPS or something, I opened and it was my co-worker Dave standing there and he says "Your parents got in a car accident".....My heart dropped and I got on FB(because I didn't have a phone during that time) and I had few messages from my sisters, brother -in-law, and some random person. I had my co-worker drive me down to work so I could used the phone and figure things out. I called my sister right away and she filled me in what they knew so far. My mother was air-lifted to UW medical hospital in Seattle, WA because she was in more critical condition than my father was. However, my sisters didn't know where my father was and I started to call all the hospitals around the area where wreck happened. I found him and told my sisters where he was. I spoke to my uncle who was staying in Spokane and he told me that he would pick me up so we can head out to Seattle together. He picked me up around 7 PM and we made into Seattle around 11:30 PM. We went into the ER and saw my sisters sitting around my mother who was laying on the bed with needles all over her body. It was late so we decided to visit her again the next day. That night at motel in Lynnwood (where I spend my 7th grade), I couldn't sleep at all and I started to wonder around the town and found myself infront the church my family use to go to. The door was locked so I couldn't get in, but I kneel infront of the door of church and prayed. The next day, we went to see my father and he was doing alot better than my mother was. Still injured very badly to a point he couldn't get up on his own or even use the bathroom. They were prescribing him with Oxycodone but I was around him whole time and I talked to him the whole day to kinda help him get back to his mental strength.
During this time, my sisters and I discussed and came to conclusion that one of us needed to nurse and help out parents with lot of things from just regular house chores, dealing with insurance, dealing with DHSH, and etc. Because my sisters have more stable life in LA, I was going to take care of them. Starting March, I moved back to Seattle to take care of my parents. However, I still had to pay my bills and etc. out in Pullman and need to help out the family and gas money, etc..I had to get a job and fortunately, I was able to take over my mother position at the place she was working at. I, probably went back and forth from hospital almost daily to every other day basis. After not drinking heavily, I started to drinking alot again. I drank to drink my sorrows away but it wasn't no help. I drank and drank.
I stayed in Seattle for 2 months. During that that I worked and met some cool people around the neighborhood, almost hooked up with few of customers and most of all, I was close by people who loved and cared about me. I started to hang out with K.D and her friends and it was pretty cool. Even though we have girls in our crew, we are all so busy doing our own things. So, K.D was great to have around if I wanted to just let loose and party. I also had this girl name T@@@A, who seemed like she was really interested in me; but I am such a chicken shit when hollering at girls, I didn't do anything till the last day in Seattle, where she came back to store after purchase and gave me her #. It really didn't lead to anything.

In May, I came to Pullman to get back to school. Summer school didn't really work out as I planned. With work and still things lingering in my head about my parents, I couldn't focus. Especially, when my father hinted the idea that my mother might have breast cancer. During this time I was talking to a girl name G.D and she was really into me and loved that I was taking care of my parents. However, it was online thing and we just didn't do too much. Since I got back Seattle till July, nothing really happened; I was working alot and then I moved to cut the cost and got myself a first roommate ever in my life.
In August, near my Birthday, my ex and I got back together. It was funny how it happened and it happened very spontaneously, but I was happy and I was pretty much set to build a life together with her. We went back and forth from Seattle to Pullman(mostly her because she has a car and I don't). It was like we never broke up and I wanted to just continue and go on but, unfortunately, we pretty much pulled the plug in October.
My friend A.A and her soon to be husband, A.P, had a daughter name Layla. She is adorable.
In September of 2013, my long time friend who I consider to be my brother, R.K, and his long time gf, L.M, finally tied the knot and it was so beautiful to be part of that. Even though, my ex made the night little bad, it was still one of the day that I remember rest of my life. We had all of the 107st family there and we just had blast.
But, I still had my mother's condition lingering in my head. It took a little while to diagnose her and I was so concerned that she might have to go through chemo therapy but luckily it was still early in it's stage, all she need was a surgery and few months of radiation therapy and she was ok by end of October.
By November, I was pretty beat down by the world and what I have been going through, but I was still standing and I just wanted to get the year done with. I hate to mention it, but ever since 2008, I had people die every year and I was just done going to funerals and all the death around me. Hoping and thinking this year I could pass it without going through it and what do you know, on November 14, I received a phone call from my sister late at night and knew something was wrong and sure enough, my grandmother passed away. This wasn't a shocker like my previous incidents, but it still is bad. So my family all went up to Spokane where she was staying at and we had open casket funeral.
So, by reading this whole thing, you get the idea of what kind of year I had. Now days, it's hard to feel things. I feel like I been so beat up by life lately that I am numb to many things. But Im sure next year will be better with me getting a raise and going back to westside. Happy New Years Everyone :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Special: My Memory of You(R.I.P Melissa Fagin)

My cellphone history

Top 5 Favorite Rappers of PJ