Arsene Lupin: Master of Disguise

If you read my blog, my last post was about "selective broadcasting" by our nation and it's brain washing tactics. So by saying that, this is one of those cases. When I was in Junior High, we had to do a book report and I had hard time choosing what I wanted to do report on. My teacher comes up and asked "What's your favorite book or author?". I ended up choosing my all time favorite book by my all time favorite author, Arsene Lupin by Maurice LeBlanc. She had no clue what I was talking about or who the author was. Later on I figured out that, Lupin books are from France and this was one of "Selective Broadcasting" case. Now, the back story is set, let me tell you what this story is all about.

Arsene Lupin is a thief, who is master of disguise and he was kinda like robin hood(the whole, rob from rich and give to poor, type of deal). But Lupin stories weren't about person stealing from left and right and giving the items to poor, it was a legit mystery story. The stories often start by a main detective gets a tip that Lupin will be at some location so cops go to that location to find him. Let me inform you again, he is a master of disguise. After the introduction, some rich character lose their valuable (Like diamond necklace) and the whole story goes in to the mystery mode. The have suspects and later on they finds out that Lupin is in disguise and he stole the jewels. But when they find out, it's too late and Lupin is on his way to another mission.

Now, that about covers the main plot of the book. However, what I want to say is that Arsene Lupin is one of the top characters known in fiction novels. Now, you might say, "Well, I never heard of him and I read alot". Well, Im sorry to inform you that the book was never published in U.S because the whole history between France and U.S, so if you want to be angry at someone, be angry at U.S government. In any other place, Lupin stands toe-to-toe with Sherlock Holmes, the famous British Detective created by the author Sir Conan Doyle. You think Im pulling your leg? Ask any foreigner who likes to read, if they heard of Lupin(Not the animation character Lupin the 3rd but Arsene Lupin). They will surely tell you that, they heard of the character. There is a book call "Holmes v. Lupin" and obviously the book is about Sherlock Holmes trying to catch Arsene Lupin, and it's one of my favorite book. It's wrote by Maurice LeBlanc, the author of Lupin, but he does not slander or under estimate Sherlock Holmes or Sherlock Holmes's detective skills. Lupin actually get caught by Holmes but Lupin does run away at the end. It's the ultimate "Best Detective v. Best Thief" story I ever read. Im not sure, how you would get hold of the English copy in U.S because I read mine in Korean; but, I do seriously recommend Arsen Lupin to any mystery novel seekers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Special: My Memory of You(R.I.P Melissa Fagin)

My cellphone history

Top 5 Favorite Rappers of PJ