Drinking: Political, Social or just plain fun?

Drinking; I would say its favorite passing time hobby for many, but what is about drinking that make us, well "drink"? I am not a drinker, maybe one beer here and one beer there, but I never been a drinker where I stay home and drink by myself and actually enjoying it. Maybe when I'm stressed and want blow some steam, then I do drink more than one. But when i drink, like a typical Asian, my face gets red and my heart beats faster. Even I get some kind of rash when its strong (Like Korean Soju will do). But from the perspective of non drinker, what is drinking? Why do we drink? Is because pure fun of it? Maybe to social? Or maybe addiction? Maybe even more. I so sometimes drink, but I drink 90% of times because I'm either at a party or all my friends are drinking. Not in a sense of peer pressure but to be in the same page as they are, i drink. Funny thing is when people know how to drink, they love them. So is this mean, I'm a loser just because I don't like to drink? My father is a drinker; oh yeah. He needs at least a beer a day. Now, some might think, "Hey I do that, too?" Do you know, why you do it? I can't drink cause my DNA from my mother side. My grandfather died from liver cancel and trust me, i don't think my livers are built to drink, but I can sure smoke you under the table.
Back to the main point, why do we drink? I drink to social, some drink to make them feel good, and some drink to part of something. In college, during hazing, they will make you drink some strong shit. Also did you know, US national anthem is actually a drinking song? So to me this country is pretty involved in  alcohol and its culture around it. Like now days, my friends and I don't know what to do unless we go out to the bar. Now we are having fun, because we are drinking? I rather be at a Museum of Flight and drink Sprite then sit at a bar and watch the same TV shows and pay $3 extra for a beer. Now maybe it is the environment and the vibe of the place that is interesting. Maybe because I don't fit in with the drinking culture so I'm opt out of it and never had a chance to really learn it and enjoy it, but either way, drinking is a huge part of American culture.
Would I have known this when I was young? Hell no.Even tho, I drink like half of bottle almost everyday after school during junior high, during that time we drank cause...........well....i guess it was "Cool". Ain't that the reason why we all started to smoke?
Well, to end this blog, I will say; Drinking  is Social, Political, and even just for fun. I just hope it doesn't be the main priority of people lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Special: My Memory of You(R.I.P Melissa Fagin)

My cellphone history

Top 5 Favorite Rappers of PJ