Let the Sneakers speak

Sneaker culture is really a culture of it's own. It's the idea kinda like having a Rolex, Gucci sunglasses......you know...the whole "swaggy" culture. But do they even know the story of shoes or just read the card from the box? Back in the days, I wanted to wears shoes my favorite players wore. Playing ball in them and thinking it might give me the power to play like those players. These kids are talking about Jordan's, Penny's, Barkley's, Ewings......Have you even watch them play? Boy, I tell you; 
Seeing Barkley do his shit on the court, getting rebounds, blocks....he was bad. Ewing...I always thought he was like George Foreman of NBA. Just raw power, good Center. Whoa, Penny.....Penny Hardaway....from Orlando Magics with young Shaq, rocking the pinstripe jerseys and star logos...BOY, whatchu really know? Jordan's....well, his game speaks for itself and you probably scene the highlights on YouTube, so I not even gonna talk about them. 
Some shoes I wish I had? WELL, GP Gloves.....just for the love of Seattle, Adidas Kobe's(not crazy 8s but bulky white with black lining ones),  Shox because my favorite player was Vince Carter, Nike Garnett (Black with Blue wavy ones), can't lie....kinda liked Grant Hill Fila, all black Scotty Pippen's with AIR on the side, wanted S.Carter's, I thought Adidas T - Mac II's black with Blue stripes were beautiful, T - Mac 5 n just remembering the damage T Mac did in Houston. 
Almost a holy frail of my most wanted shoes is....(DRRRRUMMMM ROLLLLL).......Reebok Questions. White with red or orange suede patch. Man....those......I love them. 
I really like the LeBron collections. They come out alot with different style and I see what Nike and Lebron is doing to increase the prices, etc, etc.. King's pride is my new favorite, just cause im an artist and love the art sense of the shoes. LeBron's  have been really comfortable shoes. It;s incredibly comfortable and bulky; bulky is my style. 6's are my favorite of LeBron's, so far. 
But these shoes are significant to me because I love the game of basketball and respect the players. Watching these players do magnificent things. That's how I really feel about it. At the end of the day.....shoes are just shoes.

Oh...Black n white Reebok Answer IV's also.
&
NIKE Zoom VICK III laser




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Special: My Memory of You(R.I.P Melissa Fagin)

My cellphone history

Top 5 Favorite Rappers of PJ