Congratulation/ Chook Ha Heh (Drunken Tiger Song Translated)

If many of you do not know, I am a Korean immigrant. I have my love for Korean culture and it's main stream media from TV shows to music. But I always been a Hip Hop head and being Korean and Hip Hop head, you got to love Drunken Tiger. In their album "Feel gHood Muzik", there is song call "Congratualtion/ Chook Ha heh" which the Drunken Tiger (Or Tiger JK/ Drunken Tiger started out with two people but one ended up leaving in 2004) wrote a song about his new born baby name "Oo-zoo(means "Space" in Korean).

The message I am trying to deliver before I translate the song is that, even though many of us speak different languages in this world, we experience and feel same way about most common life situations. We feel sad when we lose someone, we feel glorious when we are acknowledged for achievement, we feel angry when there is difference between one and other. Well, here you go. If you are reading this, thank you for trying to understand what goes in my head.

Congratulation/ Chook Ha Heh

(First Verse)
Nervousness like meeting for first time, like a crush and like first relationship
pushing and pulling like first game, I don't know anything
Just learn and experience and sit here and burn myself
Quite night, anxious heart is going crazy, waking me up from silent night
Why, particular that night, time is not going fast enough. Even I hurry, time is not going fast enough
Sitting next to you and just wait, crouching over on little chair
I held your hand and whispered to you "I Love You"

(Chorus)
Choo Chook Ha Heh(Congratulation)
Welcome to the world this world
Welcome to the world little homie
Choo Chook Ha Heh(Congratulation)
Welcome to the world this world
Welcome the the world little homie

(Second Verse)
Power of Space(Could mean both space as solar system or his kid) is great. the seed is sprouting in her stomach; small heart beating and living and breathing
When I sing to him, he dances, he yawns and makes the mom laugh
Smile but sometimes cry, Just staring her going through the pain, im just staring and staring
buy the baby book but why bother, tell her "Everything is going to be ok" like it was April fools
Worrying and hold her hands and whisper to her that I love you( That I love you)


(Chorus)
Choo Chook Ha Heh(Congratulation)
Welcome to the world this world
Welcome to the world little homie
Choo Chook Ha Heh(Congratulation)
Welcome to the world this world
Welcome the the world little homie

(Third Verse)
Playing Tug-o-war with worrisome, Standing in a line for happiness but
worrisome cuts in infront of me and I act like Heug Goo(Korean actor) brother to fight it
Yeah Yeah, I fight it, worries and concern is attacking me. Get yourself together,
Get yourself together, act like everything ok while try to smile
Hold her hands and actually whispered to myself
that I love you and hang in there (Hang in there).

(Baby Crying)


(Chorus)
Choo Chook Ha Heh(Congratulation)
Welcome to the world this world
Welcome to the world little homie
Choo Chook Ha Heh(Congratulation)
Welcome to the world this world
Welcome the the world little homie

(End)

I wanted to write this song to dedicated to my friends who recently had kids and/or soon to have the gift of life. I have yet to experience the great joy of having a kid but I can surely tell that it is the most precious gift the life itself can give. Special shout out to Devon and Melissa Styles, Tani and Kamea, and Anthony and Herendida. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

                                     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7gk8_icrac

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Special: My Memory of You(R.I.P Melissa Fagin)

My cellphone history

Google Chromecast